DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's Ives Concert Park, located on the Western Connecticut State University campus won two awards, recently.
The venue was named by Connecticut Magazine as the best outdoor venue.
"It comes as no surprise that Connecticut Magazine has awarded Ives Concert Park as the ‘Best Outdoor Venue,’" Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton said in a statement. "The backdrop of the beautiful and aesthetic surroundings of Ives Concert Park at Western Connecticut State University is truly a wonder."
The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut will also honor Ives Concert Park by awarding Board Chairman Steve Greenberg with the 2013 Arts in the Community Award at its annual Business Supports the Arts Awards Breakfast on Thursday, Oct. 17.
“I’d like to congratulate Steve on receiving this year’s Arts in the Community Award. His unwavering commitment toward making Ives Concert Park the premier venue in Connecticut should never go unrecognized," Boughton said in a statement.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill