DANBURY, Conn. -- Ives Concert Park is partnering with Live Nation, the world’s largest concert promoter, to plan its summer concert series, the Danbury venue announced Friday.
"Together we will stage some outstanding shows for the 2014 Summer Concert Series," Ives Concert Park said in a statement. "The association with Live Nation Connecticut will bring a significant respected international leader in live entertainment to the Ives, a ‘must experience entertainment destination’ for all concert-goers."
The first two acts of the summer were also announced Friday.
Grammy Award-winner Peter Frampton will play the Ives on Saturday, July 5, and legendary rock band The Moody Blues will perform Sunday, Aug. 17.
More shows are to be announced shortly as well as information on prices and tickets, Ives Concert Park said.
Located on the Western Connecticut State University Westside campus in Danbury, the Ives Concert Park has, since 1975, hosted an array of classic rockers, up-and-coming indie artists, country crooners, and more in its summer concert series.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies