FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. – Nearly 500 Radio Shack stores around the country will be closed in the next few months, according to a report Tuesday in the Wall Street Journal.
The fate of the 14 Radio Shack locations in Fairfield County is not clear. The stores are in Greenwich, Stamford with three, Norwalk with two, New Canaan, Wilton, Westport, Fairfield with two, Ridgefield and Danbury with three.
Radio Shack has 4,500 stores nationwide.
The news came two days after a commercial in Sunday’s Super Bowl by Radio Shack was viewed as one of the big winners by people in the industry.
See the complete Wall Street Journal story here.
- 1 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money