FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Fairfield County locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to 12 percent of the total Staples stores on the continent, as the market moves more toward online sales of office supplies.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Fairfield County locations in Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Fairfield, Danbury, Bridgeport and Stratford.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield