FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Fairfield County locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to 12 percent of the total Staples stores on the continent, as the market moves more toward online sales of office supplies.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Fairfield County locations in Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Fairfield, Danbury, Bridgeport and Stratford.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola