FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Fairfield County locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to 12 percent of the total Staples stores on the continent, as the market moves more toward online sales of office supplies.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Fairfield County locations in Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Fairfield, Danbury, Bridgeport and Stratford.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Weston Rowers Advance To Youth National Championships
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For Easton, Redding, Weston