WESTPORT, Conn. – The wait is nearly over, Westport. The Blu Parrot, a live entertainment venue and restaurant, will open its doors at 4 p.m. Wednesday in the Saugatuck section of town, co-owner Adam Lubarsky said.
The restaurant will feature live entertainment as well as eclectic fare. The dinner menu offers a variety of starters, salads, sandwiches, entrees and desserts. There is also a kids menu and a brunch menu.
Entertainment on tap for Wednesday’s opening includes Piano Man Tony Aiardo from 5 to 7 p.m. At 9 p.m., Bill Genuario & The Destiny Band — a tribute to some of the greatest singers and bands of all time — will take the stage.
Lubarsky, a native Westport resident, signed a lease for the space in June. He’s opening the Blu Parrot with partners Stephen Alward and Perry Cantor. In 1978, Lubarsky and Alward opened the popular Georgetown Saloon, which they ran until 2004. Earlier this year, the saloon closed its doors.
The Blu Parrot will be open Wednesdays through Sundays for dinner and for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. If you’re looking to spend an evening out at the restaurant, reservations are recommended, Lubarsky said. To make reservations, call 203-557-9148.
Check back with The Westport Daily Voice to read an interview with Adam Lubarsky about the opening of The Blu Parrot, and for a sneak peek inside the restaurant.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast