RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Horn band Blood, Sweat and Tears is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse on Jan. 18.
The band has been around since 1968 and has released songs like “Spinning Wheel," “You’ve Made Me So Very Happy," “And When I Die," “God Bless the Child," “Hi-De-Ho" and “Got To Get You Into My Life."
Blood, Sweat and Tears’ music has been described as a fusion of rock, blues and pop with horn arrangements and jazz improvisation. Many consider the band’s music as the backbone for teaching high school and college musicians. They also hold the record for many firsts, including first band to tour behind the Iron Curtain, first band to have three hit singles from the same album and first band to combine rock with jazz. Blood Sweat and Tears have multiple Gold albums and won three Grammy awards, including Album of the Year and 10 other nominations.
For tickets, $55, and more information about The Ridgefield Playhouse, call the box office (203) 438-5795, or buy tickets online.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick