FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Listen to island beats, enjoy a tasty treat, learn about different cultures and more in Fairfield County this weekend.
1. Third Annual Westside Reggae Festival in Danbury on Saturday, Aug. 9, at 5 p.m.
The festival, which is in its third year, will feature top reggae artists, including the legendary Beres Hammond, Morgan Heritage, Barrington Levy, Anthem Band, Lupa, Nachy Bless, Johnny Osborne, Ky-Enie King and more. Gates open at 1 p.m. and the show begins at 5 p.m., rain or shine. Tickets are for sale online for $25 to $40. Free parking is available onsite. For more information, visit www.ivesconcertpark.com. Ives Concert Park, 43 Lake Ave. Ext. on the Westside Campus of Western Connecticut State University.
2. S'mores at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Get a dose of campfire fun by roasting marshmallows over the campfire. Visit the Sunday Farm Market to pick up some local goodies too. Free with gate admission. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
3. Ecuadorian Festival at Danbury's Ives Concert Park on Sunday, Aug. 10, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
This daylong family event celebrates all things Ecuador. Tickets can be purchased at the gate. For more information, visit www.ivesconcertpark.com. 43 Lake Ave. Ext. on the Westside Campus of Western Connecticut State University.
4. Shoreline Seining and Plankton Tow at Old Greenwich's Seaside Center on Sunday, Aug. 10, at 2 p.m.
Help the center gather plankton and see what creatures are living in the ocean’s water. Examine even the tiniest organisms caught in the plankton net under a microscope and more. Free. Greenwich Point Park.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub