EASTON, Conn. – Art lovers can view paintings, sculpture, collages and photographs at the Easton Arts Council’s annual Member Show, which opens with a free reception from 7-10 p.m. Saturday at the Easton Public Library.
Homemade refreshments will be served and many artists will be on hand to display their works.
Howard Aaron, the show's co-chair with Kris Lynch, said 138 works by 69 artists will be shown. Some of the artists are Easton locals, but most are from 24 Connecticut towns and one from New York. Much of the art has been exhibited nationally and some internationally, Aaron said.
The art is on sale with proceeds benefiting the arts council and library.
Most of the art will be on display in the library’s community room but will be moved after the reception into the main area of the library where it will be on display until Feb. 23.
The Easton Public Library is at 691 Morehouse Road.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Light Snow Continues In Easton, Weston As Storm Begins To Depart