EASTON, Conn. – “I really like to dance and I like acting on stage,” said Gianna Forte, 14, who will star as Clara in the New England Ballet Company’s performance of "Nutcracker" at the Klein Memorial Auditorium in Bridgeport at 2 p.m. Dec. 15.
“I’ve been dancing since I was two,” said Gianna, who's performed in previous Nutcrackers in minor roles. This year, she takes on the lead role of Clara, who dances as she dreams of the Sugar Plum Fairy and the Nutcracker Prince.
Gianna said self-control is the key to ballet dancing. She studies tap and jazz dance at the Connecticut School of Dance in Monroe and takes private lessons at the School of Classical Ballet in Monroe.
Gianna is a freshman at Joel Barlow High School and said she plans on joining the dance team next year.
Tickets for "Nutcracker" are available here for the performance at Klein Memorial Auditorium, 910 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Snow Threatens Easton, Weston On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News