EASTON, Conn. – The Easton Historical Society will honor President Abraham Lincoln and celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a lecture by David Koch, assistant professor at Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport.
Koch will speak about the proclamation, which freed more than 3 million slaves, and how it allowed freed slaves to enroll in the U.S. Army. Many joined the 29th and 30th regiments in Connecticut and played a role in the North’s victory in the Civil War.
The free lecture takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Easton Library's Community Room, 691 Morehouse Road.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7