EASTON, Conn. – The Easton Historical Society will honor President Abraham Lincoln and celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a lecture by David Koch, assistant professor at Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport.
Koch will speak about the proclamation, which freed more than 3 million slaves, and how it allowed freed slaves to enroll in the U.S. Army. Many joined the 29th and 30th regiments in Connecticut and played a role in the North’s victory in the Civil War.
The free lecture takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Easton Library's Community Room, 691 Morehouse Road.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding