EASTON, Conn. – The Easton Historical Society will honor President Abraham Lincoln and celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a lecture by David Koch, assistant professor at Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport.
Koch will speak about the proclamation, which freed more than 3 million slaves, and how it allowed freed slaves to enroll in the U.S. Army. Many joined the 29th and 30th regiments in Connecticut and played a role in the North’s victory in the Civil War.
The free lecture takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Easton Library's Community Room, 691 Morehouse Road.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Fairfield Police Alerted To Nationwide Gang Threat After Baltimore Protests
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI