RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Two high definition broadcasts of operas from the Metropolitan Opera will be featured at the Ridgefield Playhouse.
Verdi’s Shakespearian opera “Otello” will be shown on Wednesday, July 9, and Handel’s “The Enchanted Island” will be presented Wednesday, July 16. Both shows start at 6 p.m.
Tickets cost $25 for adults, $20 for seniors, $15 for students and $18 for others. To purchase tickets, call the box office at 203-438-5795 or order online here.
“Otello” stars Johan Botha playing the title role opposite acclaimed soprano Renee Fleming as Desdemona. “The Enchanted Island” takes the lovers from Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” shipwrecked on the otherworldly island from “The Tempest.” Directed and designed by Phleim McDermott and Julian Courch, it showcases William Christie, David Daniels, Joyce DiDonato and Pácido Domingo.
Bernard’s at 20 West Lane is offering a special $45 prix-fixe menu, or a free glass of wine with dinner on the night of these events, when tickets are presented. Reservations are suggested.
The Ridgefield Playhouse is at 80 East Ridge, parallel to Main Street.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48