FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. -- Whether you enjoy a day out in the sun or want to stay indoors for a movie or a foodie event, check out at these exciting upcoming events in Fairfield County.
1. Greenwich Kennel Club All-Breed Dog Show, Obedience and Rally Trial on Saturday, June 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This dog show will showcase more than 1,100 pre-entered purebred dogs representing 150 unique breeds. $10 per vehicle. Canfield Avenue and Calf Pasture Beach Boulevard, Norwalk.
2. REEL Justice Films presents documentary, “Welcome!” in Westport on Saturday, June 7 at 7:30 p.m.
REEL Justice Films presents “Welcome!” – a film that tells the story of how The Unitarian Church in Westport became a “welcoming” congregation to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the congregation’s acceptance of the Unitarian Universalist Association’s guidelines to welcome the gay community. Free. 10 Lyons Plains Road, Westport.
Look for tracks and traces of animals in the forest and vernal pools, learn how to identify common animal tracks and even to 'read' a skull. Registration not required; rain will cancel. Members, free. Non-members, free with gate admission. 39 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford.
4. Summer Vegetable Tapas at Fairfield's Barcelona Wine Bar and Restaurant on Tuesday, June 10, 7 p.m.
From artichokes and sunchokes to ramps and other seasonal vegetables, learn how to shop and prepare recipes using fresh, seasonal ingredients that pack in great flavors. $30 per person plus tax and gratuity.
5. Celebration of the Woods Family Day at Dunalp/Selleck's Woods in Darien on Sunday, June 8, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come and join the Darien Land Trust for a Celebration Day on the trails of Darien's Dunlap/Selleck's Woods. The day will be filled with entertaining activities, including bird walks with an expert, a butterfly garden to explore, fairy houses to build, a hands-on amphibian exhibit and tadpole catching on the "beach" at Dunlap Lake. Cost is $10 per family; $5 per individual.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be in the comments below.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts