RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Classic rock group Hot Tuna is coming to the Ridgefield Playhouse on Tuesday, Jan. 7, as part of its 50th Anniversary Tour.
Founding members and Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady, also founders of Jefferson Airplane, will be joined by Erik Diaz on drums and Barry Mitterhoff on mandolin.
The performance will include songs from the group's latest CD "Steady As She Goes," its first new album in 20 years, as well as their famous hits.
Tickets are $47.50 and can be purchased here or by calling the box office at 203-438-5795.
Present your tickets at the Cutting Board, located at 109 Danbury Road in Ridgefield, on the day of the show and will get 10 percent off of breakfast or lunch.
Greg Olwell of "Premier Guitar" states that “(Jack) Casady is virtually unparalleled, and yet he has one of the most truly unique electric-bass voices in rock."
Hot Tuna began in the 1970s after Jefferson Airplane broke up. It has recorded dozens of albums with a school of talented musicians, including drummers, harmonica players, keyboardists, violinists, mandolinists and more, all fitting into Jorma and Jack’s musical spectrum.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Weston, Easton, Redding