RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Puccini's "La Bohème" will be shown live in high definition on Sunday, April 6, at The Ridgefield Playhouse.
The performance is part of the Met Live in HD series. Puccini’s famous "La Bohème," starring Maija Kovalevska, Anita Hartig and Barbara Frittoli, will be broadcast live in HD at 5 p.m. Sunday, April 6. The Live in HD Series is underwritten by Jeanne Cook, Anita and Nicholas Donofrio, Liz and Steven Goldstone, Marilyn and Joe Kreitz, Joanne and John Patrick, Starbucks Coffee, Sabina and Walter Slavin, Taylor Zemo Foundation, The Ridgefield Press and Whistle Stop Bakery.
"Puccini’s moving story of young love in 'La Bohème' is the most performed opera in Met history, and with good reason," representatives said in a release. "Maija Kovalevska, Anita Hartig and Barbara Frittoli star as the frail Mimì in Franco Zeffirelli’s classic production, with Joseph Calleja and Vittorio Grigolo sharing the role of her passionate lover, Rodolfo."
Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and members, $15 for students and $18 each for all 10 in the series. Tickets are available at the box office at 438-5795, or order online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast