RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Puccini's "La Bohème" will be shown live in high definition on Sunday, April 6, at The Ridgefield Playhouse.
The performance is part of the Met Live in HD series. Puccini’s famous "La Bohème," starring Maija Kovalevska, Anita Hartig and Barbara Frittoli, will be broadcast live in HD at 5 p.m. Sunday, April 6. The Live in HD Series is underwritten by Jeanne Cook, Anita and Nicholas Donofrio, Liz and Steven Goldstone, Marilyn and Joe Kreitz, Joanne and John Patrick, Starbucks Coffee, Sabina and Walter Slavin, Taylor Zemo Foundation, The Ridgefield Press and Whistle Stop Bakery.
"Puccini’s moving story of young love in 'La Bohème' is the most performed opera in Met history, and with good reason," representatives said in a release. "Maija Kovalevska, Anita Hartig and Barbara Frittoli star as the frail Mimì in Franco Zeffirelli’s classic production, with Joseph Calleja and Vittorio Grigolo sharing the role of her passionate lover, Rodolfo."
Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and members, $15 for students and $18 each for all 10 in the series. Tickets are available at the box office at 438-5795, or order online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI