RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Loudon Wainwright III will perform center stage at The Ridgefield Playhouse on Friday, Sept. 12, at 8 p.m. He will play songs spanning his 22-album catalog.
Loudon is known for his hit song “Dead Skunk,” which was released in 1972. His latest album, “Older Than My Old Man Now,” reached the No. 7 spot on the Billboard’s Top Heatseekers chart in 2012. His 2010 record, “High, Wide and Handsome: The Charlie Poole Project,” earned Loudon the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Folk Album. Artists such as Johnny Cash and Bonnie Raitt have covered his songs, which span such genres as rock, blues and comedy.
Loudon also is known for playing Capt. Calvin Spaulding, the singing surgeon, on the TV show “M*A*S*H.”
Tickets for the show are $45 and can be purchased by visiting the website or calling the box office at 203-438-5795. The Ridgefield Playhouse is located on 80 East Ridge.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola