REDDING, Conn. - Winter Storm Nemo forced a school cancellation Friday and a late opening Monday, but it won't prohibit the town from holding its special meeting Wednesday in which voters will be asked to approve school-security funding.
The Selectmen's Office said the meeting will be held as scheduled at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Center.
Voters will be asked to approve four school-security appropriations, including $27,685 for police overtime relating to the Newtown shootings; $101,904 for police overtime in the first half of 2013; $58,030 for the salaries of two new police officers for the first half of 2013; and $135,000 for school building security upgrades.
Voters will also be asked to approve a number of capital expenditures totaling $534,000, including lighting upgrades and playground improvements for Redding Elementary School and roof repair at John Read Middle School.
Voice votes on individual appropriations will be taken, according to the Selectmen's Office.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding