RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A stage version of Shakespeare's "Coriolanus" is coming to The Ridgefield Playhouse as part of its Live In HD series from London's National Theatre.
"Coriolanus" will be shown on the big screen in HD at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at the playhouse.
"Experiencing a stage play with actors from Britain’s National Theatre in London is a convenient and affordable reality, thanks to the Live in HD series at The Ridgefield Playhouse," a press release said. "In 'Coriolanus,' an old adversary threatens Rome, and the city calls once more on her hero and defender, Coriolanus. But he has enemies at home, too.
"Famine threatens the city, the citizens’ hunger swells to an appetite for change, and on returning from the field, Coriolanus must confront the march of realpolitik and the voice of an angry people in this Shakespearean play."
The series is underwritten by Jeanne Cook, Anita and Nicholas Donofrio, Liz and Steven Goldstone, Marilyn and Joe Kreitz, Joanne and John Patrick, Sabina and Walter Slavin, Taylor Zemo Foundation and The Ridgefield Press with support from Starbucks and Whistle Stop Bakery.
Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and members and $15 for students. Residents can call the box office at (203) 438-5795 or order online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast