WESTON, Conn. -- Kids and teens are invited to meet at Weston's Morehouse Farm Park on Saturday, April 26, from 9 to 11 a.m.for "PKs 4 AJ," an event to celebrate the memory of a Weston boy and raise money for the AJ Cina Memorial Fund.
At the event, participants can contribute to the fund and test their soccer penalty kick skills. Shots can be clocked for speed. Prizes will be awarded for successful goals. Younger kids can shoot and clock shots on an open goal.
Cina, 12, was a gifted multisport athlete and active part of the Weston Soccer program. He was a captain of the Weston Blue U12 soccer team, which progressed to the Connecticut Cup Finals in 2012. Cina died in a biking accident last July in Wilton. The event will be run by some of AJ's Weston Soccer teammates.
The AJ Cina Memorial Fund (www.ajcinamemorialfund.com) is devoted to improving community youth sports experiences in less privileged areas.
Kids and teens of all soccer abilities are encouraged to join the event for a great cause. Donations of any size are welcome. Cash or check only; checks should be made out to FJC, with AJ Cina Memorial Fund noted in the memo line.
In case of inclement weather on Saturday, contact the Weston Soccer Field Hotline (203-834-3773) for event status.
For more information on the event, contact Charlie Palsho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola