RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Bill "The Spaceman" Lee is coming to The Ridgefield Playhouse to share the story of his unusual life.
"Spaceman: A Baseball Odyssey," a documentary about the former Boston Red Sox and Montreal Expo star pitcher, is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21. This event is part of The Ridgefield Playhouse Film Society "Documentary Film Series."
"Throughout the 1970s, Bill Lee was a brilliant left-handed pitcher who defied every manager or front office executive who tried to control him," a press release said. "Baseball fans loved Bill Lee and so did sportswriters who delighted in asking him the usual baseball questions, only to get philosophical responses involving the relationship between existentialism and the curveball or the effects of karma on a pitcher's rotator cuff."
Lee will answer questions from audience members, two of whom can win an autographed wooden bat or a baseball he has signed after the screening.
This event is underwritten by Cohen and Wolf and The Ridgefield Press with media sponsor WLAD-AM Radio 800.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $7.50 for seniors and $5 for students at the box office. For more information, call 203-438-5795 or visit The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill