DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's Western Connecticut State University Opera will present the holiday classic “Amahl and the Night Visitors” in two performances at the university at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7.
The 50-minute opera tells the story of an impoverished and crippled shepherd boy’s encounter with the Three Kings on their way to Bethlehem and the heart-warming outcome of their chance meeting.
Both performances of the one-act opera will be in Ives Concert Hall on the Mid-town campus at 181 White Street in Danbury.
General admission will be $10, with ticket prices of $5 for senior citizens and children 12 and under. Admission will be free for WCSU students with valid ID. Advance reservations may be made online at www.wcsu.edu/tickets or by calling 203-837-TIXX (8499).
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola