DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's Western Connecticut State University Opera will present the holiday classic “Amahl and the Night Visitors” in two performances at the university at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7.
The 50-minute opera tells the story of an impoverished and crippled shepherd boy’s encounter with the Three Kings on their way to Bethlehem and the heart-warming outcome of their chance meeting.
Both performances of the one-act opera will be in Ives Concert Hall on the Mid-town campus at 181 White Street in Danbury.
General admission will be $10, with ticket prices of $5 for senior citizens and children 12 and under. Admission will be free for WCSU students with valid ID. Advance reservations may be made online at www.wcsu.edu/tickets or by calling 203-837-TIXX (8499).
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms