WESTON, Conn. -- Weston residents and actresses Jane Powell and Maureen Anderman will conduct a Q&A after the screening of “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at the Weston High School Auditorium.
Powell, who starred in the film with Howard Keel, will be interviewed by Theater Award winner and Tony Award nominee Maureen Anderman after the screening. Powell and Anderman will discuss Powell’s experiences during the filming of the movie as well as other aspects of her career.
WestonArts is organizing the screening as a community project to "celebrate two of our many residents who have made their livelihoods in the arts," a press release said.
"Young people who are interested in pursuing careers in the arts might be interested in hearing how an accomplished actress made her rise to fame, while others will have the opportunity to meet a celebrated artist whose films they have enjoyed," a press release said.
Powell also starred in musicals such as "Royal Wedding," with Fred Astaire and "A Date with Judy," with Elizabeth Taylor. After a career spanning more than 50 years, Powell remains active in television and theater.
Weston High School is located at 115 School Road in Weston.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 4 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 5 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'