WESTON, Conn. — Clare Murray, a junior at Weston High School whose uncle is suffering from a tumor, has planned a concert to benefit the American Brain Tumor Association on Saturday night at the Fairfield Theater Company.
Remember September is the lead act, with performances by Chillingsworth, a Weston High indie pop band, and The Sounds, a Fairfield University a capella group.
"I arranged it to show my uncle how much I care about him and to bring awareness to more people," Clare said. "Many families like ours are going through hard times, so an event that raises awareness is a good thing."
She planned the concert on her own, reaching out to Chillingsworth at school and booking Remember September a week ago.
Tickets are $20 for students and $30 for adults. All proceeds will be donated to the American Brain Tumor Association.
The concert starts at 8 p.m. at Fairfield Theater Company's StageOne, 70 Sanford St., Fairfield. For tickets go to fairfieldtheatre.org.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says
- 3 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Weston Rowers Advance To Youth National Championships