WESTON, Conn. - The Weston planning committee for March for Change has reserved more coach buses and extended the deadline for a bus seat reservation to Feb. 7.
The change was made in response to the growing number of residents from Weston and neighboring towns marching on Feb. 14 in support of safer gun laws in Connecticut.
Green knit caps will be handed out on the bus for participants to wear at the rally to show solidarity. The rally coincides with the two month anniversary of the Dec. 14 shootings in Newtown.
The Feb. 14 rally will be held on the north steps of the State Capitol overlooking Bushnell Park in Hartford from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The buses will depart from St. Francis of Assisi Church parking lot on Norfield Road in Weston at 8:30 a.m., with boarding beginning at 8 a.m. The cost is $20 per person. A seating reservation is required and can be made by emailing email@example.com by Feb. 7.
“We are marching to give voice to the helpless targets and innocent bystanders of gun violence here in Connecticut and across our country,” said Dawn Egan, one of the Weston planning committee leaders. “We are not opposed to gun ownership, but are taking a stand against gun violence by advocating common sense laws designed to keep assault weapons out of the wrong hands.”
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies