WESTON, Conn. - The Weston planning committee for March for Change has reserved more coach buses and extended the deadline for a bus seat reservation to Feb. 7.
The change was made in response to the growing number of residents from Weston and neighboring towns marching on Feb. 14 in support of safer gun laws in Connecticut.
Green knit caps will be handed out on the bus for participants to wear at the rally to show solidarity. The rally coincides with the two month anniversary of the Dec. 14 shootings in Newtown.
The Feb. 14 rally will be held on the north steps of the State Capitol overlooking Bushnell Park in Hartford from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The buses will depart from St. Francis of Assisi Church parking lot on Norfield Road in Weston at 8:30 a.m., with boarding beginning at 8 a.m. The cost is $20 per person. A seating reservation is required and can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 7.
“We are marching to give voice to the helpless targets and innocent bystanders of gun violence here in Connecticut and across our country,” said Dawn Egan, one of the Weston planning committee leaders. “We are not opposed to gun ownership, but are taking a stand against gun violence by advocating common sense laws designed to keep assault weapons out of the wrong hands.”
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker
- 5 Ridgefield Schools Technology Guru Leaving For New Post In Weston