WESTON, Conn. – Farmers markets are popular all summer, and Weston has the good fortune to have a winter farmers market that debuts from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Norfield Grange, 12 Goodhill Road.
To celebrate opening day, the market will host Runabout Farms with a petting zoo and pony rides for children. Runabout Farms rescues horses and other animals and will bring a variety to the market. Kids can stop by, meet the animals and pose for pictures.
Vendors at the market will offer fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs, jams and jellies, crafts, hand-knit clothing and more.
When you make a purchase from any vendor, you receive a ticket to enter a raffle for a balsam fir, which was donated by Weston Gardens. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased with the drawing set for Dec. 15.
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 5 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty