WESTON, Conn. – Do you have a question about a town issue you’d like to pose to a selectman or other town official?
Come to Speak Up Saturday Feb. 9, the annual meeting sponsored by the Weston League of Women Voters that gives citizens the opportunity to speak out about town issues.
“It’s the only place people can get answers to questions, from very small things to large issues,” said Margaret Wirtenberg, a member of the League of Women Voters. “It’s a way for people to ask questions and set a tone for what they’re interested in.”
The event takes place from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Weston Library and will be moderated by Laura Smits, a League of Women Voters member. Selectmen and other town officials are scheduled to attend.
Speak up Saturday launched in 1992 and has since been conducted annually since, Wirtenberg said. It’s an opportunity early in the year to take part in civic activities.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm