WESTON, Conn. -- The Interfaith Council of Westport and Weston will hold its ninth annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 26, at 3 p.m.
"Music on the Road to Freedom" will be a special choral event celebrating the African-American spiritual and its place in the history of the U.S. The presentation will also tell the story of the Underground Railroad.
It takes place at the Norfield Church, 64 Norfield Road in Weston.
The Norfield Sanctuary Choir and Combined Choirs will perform under music director Ellen Dickinson with David Connell on piano. The Rev. Dr. Bernard R. Wilson, senior minister at Norfield, will be the speaker.
The event is free and open to all.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow