WESTON, Conn. -- The Interfaith Council of Westport and Weston will hold its ninth annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 26, at 3 p.m.
"Music on the Road to Freedom" will be a special choral event celebrating the African-American spiritual and its place in the history of the U.S. The presentation will also tell the story of the Underground Railroad.
It takes place at the Norfield Church, 64 Norfield Road in Weston.
The Norfield Sanctuary Choir and Combined Choirs will perform under music director Ellen Dickinson with David Connell on piano. The Rev. Dr. Bernard R. Wilson, senior minister at Norfield, will be the speaker.
The event is free and open to all.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County