WESTON, Conn. -- The Interfaith Council of Westport and Weston will hold its ninth annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 26, at 3 p.m.
"Music on the Road to Freedom" will be a special choral event celebrating the African-American spiritual and its place in the history of the U.S. The presentation will also tell the story of the Underground Railroad.
It takes place at the Norfield Church, 64 Norfield Road in Weston.
The Norfield Sanctuary Choir and Combined Choirs will perform under music director Ellen Dickinson with David Connell on piano. The Rev. Dr. Bernard R. Wilson, senior minister at Norfield, will be the speaker.
The event is free and open to all.
- 1 Weston Voters Approve Town, Capital Budgets But Reject School Spending Plan
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Easton, Weston
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 New State Bill Would Bring More Tax Revenue To Weston