WESTON, Conn. -- The Interfaith Council of Westport and Weston will hold its ninth annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 26, at 3 p.m.
"Music on the Road to Freedom" will be a special choral event celebrating the African-American spiritual and its place in the history of the U.S. The presentation will also tell the story of the Underground Railroad.
It takes place at the Norfield Church, 64 Norfield Road in Weston.
The Norfield Sanctuary Choir and Combined Choirs will perform under music director Ellen Dickinson with David Connell on piano. The Rev. Dr. Bernard R. Wilson, senior minister at Norfield, will be the speaker.
The event is free and open to all.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo