WESTPORT, Conn. – Nearly every day this summer, Westport’s Levitt Pavilion will hold a free concert in celebration of its new renovations.
On the list for this summers performers are artists from around the world and all types of music. The first to hit the brand-new stage was Weston resident Jose Feliciano, who performed with his five-piece band and played guitar Sunday, July 20, to a sold-out house.
Following Feliciano on the new pavilion stage will be a wide assortment of internationally inspired bands from all over the country and the world. The bands include:
- Casuarina (July 24), a Brazilian samba band
- Black 47 (July 25), a popular Celtic rock band
- DJ Rekha (July 26), a prominent Indian DJ
- The Hot Sardines (July 27), a New York based jazz band
- Emil Zrihan (July 29), a Moroccan/Israeli singer
- Incendio (July 31), a L.A.-based Latin guitar-jazz-world fusion group
For many, the still expanding list of performers scheduled to perform on the stage is the reason they come back year after year.
Midge Deverin, of Westport, said she and her husband attend the concerts every summer. “I’m extremely excited,” she said about the line up of performers for the rest of the season.
“We can’t wait to hear the sounds,” said Elyse Etkin of Westport, who said she and her husband come when ever they can, especially now that the pavilion has been improved so much.
To see the rest of the summer schedule check the Levitt Pavilion website here.
To read about the renovation and grand reopening at the Levitt Pavilion, click on this story from the Daily Voice.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick