FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Two separate, free workshops designed to help parents with children with autism and special needs are planned for early December.
On Dec. 4, the Center for Social Enrichment and Educational Development is hosting a discussion related to funding, financial planning and insurance for children with autism titled, “Navigating the Funding Landscape from Insurance to Financial Planning.”
Friends of Autistic People and Stamford Education 4 Autism are co-hosting the workshop, which will begin at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 26 Mill River St. in Stamford.
The second event, “Educating Parents: Thinking Beyond One Day at a Time,” will focus on special education law and financial planning. It is hosted by the Wilton Family YMCA and will begin at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 at the Y, 404 Danbury Road in Wilton.
At both events, the guest presenters will be Westport attorney Lawrence Berliner and Northwestern Mutual financial adviser Stephen Ehrens.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday