FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County breathe easier knowing that Connecticut ranks as on of the best states in the country for disease outbreak prevention, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
States were ranked on a scale of 2 through 8, with 8 as the healthiest. Only New Hampshire secured an 8 rating.
Connecticut was rated a 7 out of 8 along with New York, Delaware, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island and Washington, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
The study ranked the states on a range of criteria from public funding to HIV screening. The Nutmeg State was docked points for not requiring HPV vaccinations and for not vaccinating half of the population for the flu, the Hartford Business Journal said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest