FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County breathe easier knowing that Connecticut ranks as on of the best states in the country for disease outbreak prevention, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
States were ranked on a scale of 2 through 8, with 8 as the healthiest. Only New Hampshire secured an 8 rating.
Connecticut was rated a 7 out of 8 along with New York, Delaware, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island and Washington, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
The study ranked the states on a range of criteria from public funding to HIV screening. The Nutmeg State was docked points for not requiring HPV vaccinations and for not vaccinating half of the population for the flu, the Hartford Business Journal said.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding