FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County breathe easier knowing that Connecticut ranks as on of the best states in the country for disease outbreak prevention, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
States were ranked on a scale of 2 through 8, with 8 as the healthiest. Only New Hampshire secured an 8 rating.
Connecticut was rated a 7 out of 8 along with New York, Delaware, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island and Washington, according to the Hartford Business Journal.
The study ranked the states on a range of criteria from public funding to HIV screening. The Nutmeg State was docked points for not requiring HPV vaccinations and for not vaccinating half of the population for the flu, the Hartford Business Journal said.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding