EASTON, Conn. -- The celebrations of Easter and Passover are coming together in a household in Easton.
Easton's Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Weissman, Joel Weissman and their children will celebrate Passover beginning on Monday, April 14, with Passover Seders and Easter on Sunday, April 20, according to a story from the Easton Courier. Elizabeth was born and raised Catholic in Ireland, and Joel was born and raised Jewish in Manhattan, according to the report.
"Their attitude is that they have a commonality when it comes to religious beliefs — they both believe in God," according to the Easton Courier. "And when they got together, they combined traditions from each religious practice just as they joined in other ways in their union."
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Fairfield County Stores Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News