WESTPORT, Conn. -- Gov. Dannel Malloy and First Lady Cathy Malloy are inviting Connecticut residents to attend the annual open house and tour of the Governor’s Residence while it is decorated for the holidays.
The home is located at 990 Prospect Ave. in Hartford. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 6 and 7, and from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8.
Admission is free, and tickets are not needed.
“My wife Cathy and I look forward to opening the Governor’s Residence each year, continuing a longstanding Connecticut tradition and sharing in everyone’s holiday spirit,” Malloy, a Stamford native and longtime mayor, said in a release.
The residence will display four decorated Christmas trees and feature appearances from Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus greeting children throughout the weekend.
Visitors are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy, which will be collected by members of the U.S. Marines for the Toys for Tots program.
Live entertainment will be performed by the following:
Friday, Dec. 6
- 10 to 11 a.m. – Coast Guard Choir (Dr. Bob Newtown, Director)
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Travelers Choir
Saturday, Dec. 7
- 10 to 11 a.m. – Emmanuel Christian Academy bell ringers (Glen Mason, Director)
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – On the List (Flute Ensemble, Erin Vivero, Director)
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. – Choraliers (Hall High School, West Hartford)
- 2 to 3 p.m. – Manchester Symphony Chorale
Sunday, Dec. 8
- Noon to 1 p.m. – Sweet Harmony (Nicole Raposo, Director) and Densonians (Tim Rhone, Director)
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Charter Pal Flutes (Virginia Church, Director)
- 2 to 3 p.m. – Solo Choir (Conard High School, West Hartford) (Sam Eurich, Director)
- 3 to 4 p.m. – CONN Men (UConn, Storrs)
Guests can also purchase the Governor’s annual holiday ornament, which this year features the Governor’s Residence Guest Cottage, located on the east side of the property.
It will be sold for $20 with all proceeds to benefit the Governor’s Residence Conservancy, a nonprofit organization responsible for planning and supervising the preservation, restoration and maintenance of the residence and its grounds.