RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Playhouse is hosting a benefit to raise money for Danbury Hospital's Breast Care Program and Ann's Place, a cancer support group.
"Drink Pink, Think Pink" takes place Wednesday, Jan. 15, starting with wine tasting, hors-d’oeuvres, pink drinks as well as a silent auction and raffle at 6:30 p.m.
You will also have the opportunity to get a professional makeup application and head shot.
At 7:30 p.m., author Jude Callirgos will take the stage to read excerpts from her new book "Breast Left Unsaid," which is a "funny and poignant story about finding out you have cancer and how you deal with it."
Since publishing "Breast Left Unsaid," her first full-length book, she has been a guest on healthcare focused radio and television programs, and served as the honorary chair for Race for the Cure.
Despite having advanced stage cancer, Callirgos intends to continue writing and advocating for a cure for all cancers.
She lives in Redding and donates a percentage of the proceeds from her book and speaking engagements to cancer research organizations.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased here or by calling the box office at 203-438-5795. The playhouse is located at 80 East Ridge in Ridgefield.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday
- 5 Fire Weather Watch Issued For Fairfield County Through Evening