EASTON, Conn. – Glenn Dale Meeker, of Easton, died Tuesday, April 24. He was 86.
Meeker was a retired airline captain for Pan American World Airways.
The son of Ralph and Reatha Gosnell Meeker, he was born in Westport on July 24, 1925. Meeker graduated from Staples High School in Westport and served as a second lieutenant in the Army Air Corps during World War II, flying B-17s.
Meeker retired from Pan American after 33 years. He was a member of the Easton Congregational Church, the Masonic fraternity and Southport Squares
He is survived by his wife of 63 years, Shirley Bulkley Meeker; a daughter, Leanne (Donald) Pettit, of Elkhart, Ind.; a son, Russell Meeker, of Manchester, Conn.; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother, George Meeker, and a sister, Myrtle Miller.
There will be no calling hours and burial will be private. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Spear-Miller Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Alzheimer's Foundation of America, 322 Eighth Ave., Seventh Floor, New York, NY 10001.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report