EASTON, Conn. ‒ Twelve parishioners from Covenant Church of Easton went to Staten Island last Saturday to assist with Hurricane Sandy relief. The church plans to send a crew to Bridgeport this Saturday, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church collected canned foods, baby diapers, cleaning supplies and other items and brought them to Staten Island, where it coordinated efforts with Grace in the Storm Ministry.
The church is accepting donated items that are also being given out to local citizens. "A woman from Easton came for food and supplies today," Lent said, "and the doors are open for local citizens who need help."
She said the church's effort to collect donated items will continue as long as there is need for them.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding