EASTON, Conn. -- The Historical Society of Easton is set to host a new visual tour from Connecticut to Alaska on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Carolyn Ivanoff, historian and housemaster at Shelton Intermediate School, will be the guest lecturer for the Historical Society of Easton's "Last Great Road Trip" visual tour. It will run from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at the Easton Public Library Community Room at 691 Morehouse Road in Easton.
Ivanoff was named Civil War Preservation Trust's Teacher of the Year in 2003.
"Carolyn Ivanoff will be our guide for a virtual tour of the great North American continent as we begin in Connecticut and wind our way through the vastness and splendor of the land, visit the spectacular National Parks of the United States and Canada reaching our final destination in the Yukon and Alaska," a press release said.
"Imagine yourself driving the Alaskan Highway and the Golden Circle. Marvel at the wildlife viewed along the way of the world's greatest safari enjoying the history and stories. Perhaps this virtual tour will inspire you as you plan your next adventure."
The lecture is free but donations are always appreciated. For further information on the program, residents are asked to email the Historical Society of Easton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-261-2090. Residents can also visit the Historical Society of Easton website.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist