EASTON, Conn. ‒ Residents left reeling by Hurricane Sandy were given free food and water courtesy of FEMA Thursday and free hugs from Kiko Teed of Easton.
Teed sat near the table where the FEMA provisions were handed out, holding up a "Free Hugs" sign.
"A lot of people are going through so much, and losing the firefighter is hard on everybody," she said. "I have no work today, so why not? A lot of people are driving by and see the sign and smile."
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced