NORWALK, Conn. -- Bishop Frank Caggiano, leader of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bridgeport, will speak at the First Congregational Church on the Green in Norwalk on Thursday, Feb. 13, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Caggiano will discuss the major issues facing the diocese and his plans to convene a Diocesan Synod in the fall.
The event hosted by Voice of the Faithful is open to the public.
Caggiano believes the Synod “has tremendous potential for consultation and collaboration with leadership on every level of the Diocese,” according to a release.
Voice of the Faithful says it supports survivors of sexual abuse by priests; supports priests of integrity; and works for structural change in the church in accordance with the teachings of the Second Vatican Council.
Caggiano, who was installed in July 2013, is bishop for the Diocese of Bridgeport, which encompasses all of Fairfield County and includes more than 400,000 Roman Catholics.
The First Congregational Church on the Green is located at 3 Lewis St. in Norwalk.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Easton, Weston