FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Do you know of a Fairfield County organization that needs a little financial help?
Tell them to contact the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County. The nonprofit group is accepting applications for its annual mini-grants.
The Junior League plans to hand out two, $1,500 grants to organizations based in its coverage area: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Newtown, Redding, Shelton, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston and Westport. It specifically hopes to help a program that promotes either good nutrition and healthy eating habits or literacy for at-risk children and women.
Past mini-grant recipients include Burroughs Community Center, Bridgeport Public Education Fund, Green Village Initiative, School Volunteer Association, Southwest Community Health Center, Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition, Mercy Learning Center, Shepherds, Inc., Greater Bridgeport Adolescent Pregnancy Program, Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center, Bridge Academy, McGivney Community Center and the Bethel Recovery Center.
Applications are due Nov. 9. Winners will be picked in January. For more information, visit the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County’s website.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens