FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Do you know of a Fairfield County organization that needs a little financial help?
Tell them to contact the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County. The nonprofit group is accepting applications for its annual mini-grants.
The Junior League plans to hand out two, $1,500 grants to organizations based in its coverage area: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Newtown, Redding, Shelton, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston and Westport. It specifically hopes to help a program that promotes either good nutrition and healthy eating habits or literacy for at-risk children and women.
Past mini-grant recipients include Burroughs Community Center, Bridgeport Public Education Fund, Green Village Initiative, School Volunteer Association, Southwest Community Health Center, Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition, Mercy Learning Center, Shepherds, Inc., Greater Bridgeport Adolescent Pregnancy Program, Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center, Bridge Academy, McGivney Community Center and the Bethel Recovery Center.
Applications are due Nov. 9. Winners will be picked in January. For more information, visit the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County’s website.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y