FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Do you know of a Fairfield County organization that needs a little financial help?
Tell them to contact the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County. The nonprofit group is accepting applications for its annual mini-grants.
The Junior League plans to hand out two, $1,500 grants to organizations based in its coverage area: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Newtown, Redding, Shelton, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston and Westport. It specifically hopes to help a program that promotes either good nutrition and healthy eating habits or literacy for at-risk children and women.
Past mini-grant recipients include Burroughs Community Center, Bridgeport Public Education Fund, Green Village Initiative, School Volunteer Association, Southwest Community Health Center, Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition, Mercy Learning Center, Shepherds, Inc., Greater Bridgeport Adolescent Pregnancy Program, Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center, Bridge Academy, McGivney Community Center and the Bethel Recovery Center.
Applications are due Nov. 9. Winners will be picked in January. For more information, visit the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County’s website.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center