GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich-based Family Centers invites people to take part in a mid-winter dip in Long Island Sound on Feb. 23 as part of its third annual Polar Bear Plunge.
The plunge takes place at 11 a.m. at the offices at Geneve Holdings, located at 96 Cummings Point Road in Stamford. Pre-event entertainment and light food will be available to all participants and spectators beginning at 10 a.m.
Proceeds will benefit Family Centers’ programs, which provide education, health and counseling services to thousands of Fairfield County children and families.
Participants are encouraged to ask friends and family to sponsor their plunge. Prizes will be awarded to the “plungers” who garner the most donations.
To register or to sponsor an individual “plunger”, visit www.familycenters.org. The Polar Bear Plunge’s $25 entry fee also includes a limited-edition t-shirt. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
The event is sponsored by the Family Centers’ Associate Board, which is a group of young professionals dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the agency. For more information or to join, contact Bill Brucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-869-4848.
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Fireworks Bust, Parking Lot Fix Top The News In Weston, Easton, Redding