WESTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Redding’s Colleen Zenk!
Colleen Zenk, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 61 on Monday. The actress was born January 20, 1953, in Barrington, Illinois, U.S.
She was originally a musical theater actor with a dance background and co-starred on Broadway alongside musical theatre legends Chita Rivera and Donald O'Connor.
She is best known for her role as Barbara Ryan on the daytime drama As the World Turns, a role she began portraying in September 1978 until the show left the air in September 2010.
She was nominated for a Lead Actress Daytime Emmy Award in 2001 and 2002 and was named Best Villain by Soap Opera Digest in 2003.
In 2011, she was nominated for a third time for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Lead Actress category.
She is one of the producers of the Broadway revival of "GODSPELL". In 2012, she starred in the Off-Broadway World Premiere of the stage version of the bestselling memoir, "Marrying George Clooney, Confessions from a Mid-life Crisis".
In 2013, she portrayed Tallulah Bankhead to rave reviews in the Regional Premiere of Matthew Lombardo's play "LOOPED" at STAGEWORKS/Hudson becoming only the third actor to play the demanding and hilarious celebrity.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y