WESTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Redding’s Colleen Zenk!
Colleen Zenk, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 61 on Monday. The actress was born January 20, 1953, in Barrington, Illinois, U.S.
She was originally a musical theater actor with a dance background and co-starred on Broadway alongside musical theatre legends Chita Rivera and Donald O'Connor.
She is best known for her role as Barbara Ryan on the daytime drama As the World Turns, a role she began portraying in September 1978 until the show left the air in September 2010.
She was nominated for a Lead Actress Daytime Emmy Award in 2001 and 2002 and was named Best Villain by Soap Opera Digest in 2003.
In 2011, she was nominated for a third time for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Lead Actress category.
She is one of the producers of the Broadway revival of "GODSPELL". In 2012, she starred in the Off-Broadway World Premiere of the stage version of the bestselling memoir, "Marrying George Clooney, Confessions from a Mid-life Crisis".
In 2013, she portrayed Tallulah Bankhead to rave reviews in the Regional Premiere of Matthew Lombardo's play "LOOPED" at STAGEWORKS/Hudson becoming only the third actor to play the demanding and hilarious celebrity.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Weston Police Forensics Officers Help With Child Porn Arrest
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot