WESTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Redding’s Mark Pinter!
Pinter, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 64 on Friday. The actor was born March 7, 1950, in Decorah, Iowa.
Often cast as a villain, Pinter has been a contract player on shows such as "Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," "Loving" and "All My Children."
His most famous role was that of crooked politician Grant Harrison on "Another World" (1991-99), for which he won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Villain in 1996.
In addition to his work in daytime television, he has guest-starred on numerous prime time television series and performed extensively on regional theater stages across the country.
He has also appeared in films such as Norman Jewison's "Other People's Money" and Cameron Crowe's "Vanilla Sky." He has also starred in the independent films "Season of Youth" and "The Eden Myth."
He made his directorial debut in 2003, and directed the world premiere of Jonathan Bell's "Portraits" at the Union Square Theatre in New York. The play starred Roberta Maxwell and Dana Reeve.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield