WESTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Redding’s Mark Pinter!
Pinter, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 65 on Saturday. The actor was born March 7, 1950, in Decorah, Iowa.
Often cast as a villain, Pinter has been a contract player on shows such as "Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," "Loving" and "All My Children."
His most famous role was that of crooked politician Grant Harrison on "Another World" (1991-99), for which he won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Villain in 1996.
In addition to his work in daytime television, he has guest-starred on numerous prime time television series and performed extensively on regional theater stages across the country.
He has also appeared in films such as Norman Jewison's "Other People's Money" and Cameron Crowe's "Vanilla Sky." He has also starred in the independent films "Season of Youth" and "The Eden Myth."
He made his directorial debut in 2003, and directed the world premiere of Jonathan Bell's "Portraits" at the Union Square Theatre in New York. The play starred Roberta Maxwell and Dana Reeve.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters