Weston, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Redding’s Meat Loaf!
Meat Loaf, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 66 Friday. Loaf, born Sept. 27, 1947, in Dallas is a musician and actor.
His first band was Meat Loaf Soul. He is noted for the Bat Out of Hell album trilogy that sold more than 43 million copies worldwide. He also earned a Grammy Award for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for the song "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" in 1994. He also has appeared in more than 50 movies and television shows.
He has retained iconic status and popularity in Europe, especially in the United Kingdom. He also ranked 96th on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock.
He is planning to release a Christmas album in 2013 called Hot Holidays.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y