WESTON, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Redding’s Paul Avgerinos!
Avgerinos, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 56 on Thursday. The composer, performer and producer was born Nov. 21, 1957, in Norwalk, Conn.
He was principal bass in the orchestras of Italy, Hong Kong and Venezuela and toured with Charles Aznavour and Buddy Rich and later opened his own recording studio, Studio Unicorn, in Redding in 1985.
His music has been in constant steady rotation on Music Choice, Sirius XM, Echoes, Hearts of Space, Musical Starstreams, Ultima Thule Ambient Music, and Star's End.
Avgerinos' album "GNOSIS" placed No. 1 on the New Age & World Radio Chart and his latest, "Garden of Delight,: won an award for the Best World Album of 2007.
He also plays bass violin, cello, guitars, keyboards and sings on his recordings.
A member of ASCAP since 1986, his music has been used in hundreds of films, television shows and commercials around the world.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7