WESTON, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Redding’s Paul Avgerinos!
Avgerinos, who has owned a home in Redding, turns 56 on Thursday. The composer, performer and producer was born Nov. 21, 1957, in Norwalk, Conn.
He was principal bass in the orchestras of Italy, Hong Kong and Venezuela and toured with Charles Aznavour and Buddy Rich and later opened his own recording studio, Studio Unicorn, in Redding in 1985.
His music has been in constant steady rotation on Music Choice, Sirius XM, Echoes, Hearts of Space, Musical Starstreams, Ultima Thule Ambient Music, and Star's End.
Avgerinos' album "GNOSIS" placed No. 1 on the New Age & World Radio Chart and his latest, "Garden of Delight,: won an award for the Best World Album of 2007.
He also plays bass violin, cello, guitars, keyboards and sings on his recordings.
A member of ASCAP since 1986, his music has been used in hundreds of films, television shows and commercials around the world.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y