NORWALK, Conn. – With winter approaching, the Christian Community Action and the Norwalk mayor's office are once again joining forces to put the spotlight on a local problem and help solve it, CCA Director Christi Pope says.
"Many people living in Norwalk are cold each winter," Pope said in an email. "This year we will be collecting coats again and also collecting hats, mitts, boots and blankets."
Donations will be accepted after 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at Norwalk Police headquarters, at Monroe Street and South Main Street. Before that, coats may be dropped off at Norwalk City Hall, 125 East Ave.
A coat distribution will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov.10, at police headquarters. Any resident of Norwalk, New Canaan, Wilton, Weston and Westport who need a coat or blanket should come. Coats for adults and children will be available, as well as hats, mittens and boots.
Last year volunteers distributed about 3,000 coats in three hours.
For more information or to volunteer to help, contact CCA at 203-939-1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian Community Action is a nonprofit, nonsectarian agency that works to provide food, furniture, financial assistance, and other items to people in need who live in the greater Norwalk area.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Weston Rowers Advance To Youth National Championships