NORWALK, Conn. – With winter approaching, the Christian Community Action and the Norwalk mayor's office are once again joining forces to put the spotlight on a local problem and help solve it, CCA Director Christi Pope says.
"Many people living in Norwalk are cold each winter," Pope said in an email. "This year we will be collecting coats again and also collecting hats, mitts, boots and blankets."
Donations will be accepted after 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at Norwalk Police headquarters, at Monroe Street and South Main Street. Before that, coats may be dropped off at Norwalk City Hall, 125 East Ave.
A coat distribution will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov.10, at police headquarters. Any resident of Norwalk, New Canaan, Wilton, Weston and Westport who need a coat or blanket should come. Coats for adults and children will be available, as well as hats, mittens and boots.
Last year volunteers distributed about 3,000 coats in three hours.
For more information or to volunteer to help, contact CCA at 203-939-1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian Community Action is a nonprofit, nonsectarian agency that works to provide food, furniture, financial assistance, and other items to people in need who live in the greater Norwalk area.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick