REDDING, EASTON, Conn. - The Redding-Easton Association's 5th Grade Boys Gold Team won the Fairfield County Basketball B League North Division title by compiling a perfect 12-0 division record and 14-3 overall record that qualifies them for the A Division playoffs that take place the first week in March.
The team is coached by the father and son tandem of Jim and Tom Betzig. Jim coached Milford, Foran and Jonathan Law high schools and Tom played for his father at Jonathan Law and at Connecticut College.
Redding Easton Basketball Association is a joint effort of the Easton Community Center and Redding-Easton Boys and Girls Club, which helps Redding and Easton youth improve their skills and prepare for a high school basketball experience.
- 1 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Wet Weather Returning To Weston, Easton
- 4 Farm-To-Table Cookbook Author Finds Inspiration In Son's Easton Experiences
- 5 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan