EASTON, Conn. — The Covenant Church of Easton is donating Thanksgiving gift boxes packed with canned goods for the holiday dinner and grocery store gift cards that can be used to purchase turkeys, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church is giving the boxes to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, which will pass them on to needy families, Lent said.
The boxes were decorated by the children's ministry and include canned goods, fresh potatoes, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie kit, she said.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center