EASTON, Conn. — The Covenant Church of Easton is donating Thanksgiving gift boxes packed with canned goods for the holiday dinner and grocery store gift cards that can be used to purchase turkeys, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church is giving the boxes to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, which will pass them on to needy families, Lent said.
The boxes were decorated by the children's ministry and include canned goods, fresh potatoes, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie kit, she said.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County