EASTON, Conn. — The Covenant Church of Easton is donating Thanksgiving gift boxes packed with canned goods for the holiday dinner and grocery store gift cards that can be used to purchase turkeys, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church is giving the boxes to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, which will pass them on to needy families, Lent said.
The boxes were decorated by the children's ministry and include canned goods, fresh potatoes, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie kit, she said.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Enjoy Memorial Day Parades In Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Weinstein's Worries Top Week's News In Weston
- 4 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield