EASTON, Conn. — The Covenant Church of Easton is donating Thanksgiving gift boxes packed with canned goods for the holiday dinner and grocery store gift cards that can be used to purchase turkeys, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church is giving the boxes to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, which will pass them on to needy families, Lent said.
The boxes were decorated by the children's ministry and include canned goods, fresh potatoes, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie kit, she said.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut