EASTON, Conn. — The Covenant Church of Easton is donating Thanksgiving gift boxes packed with canned goods for the holiday dinner and grocery store gift cards that can be used to purchase turkeys, according to church secretary Gail Lent.
The church is giving the boxes to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, which will pass them on to needy families, Lent said.
The boxes were decorated by the children's ministry and include canned goods, fresh potatoes, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie kit, she said.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Fireworks Bust, Parking Lot Fix Top The News In Weston, Easton, Redding