WESTON, Conn. – The town wants to install sidewalks along School Road, and many Weston residents want more sidewalks. But some would prefer quiet streets without sidewalks.
Kelly Seaver Redcay says sidewalks are needed on Lords Highway. "It's a street many kids walk on after school," she said. "The cars absolutely fly. It is terrifying. My son was walking home from school and he had to jump out of the path of a car and he broke his ankle."
Jennifer Roh also thinks more sidewalks are in order. "I would love Weston to get sidewalks. It isn't safe to walk anywhere," she said.
Nancy Bree Babyak disagrees. "We have lived in Weston just over 20 years and among the many things that attracted us was the uncluttered natural beauty of Weston.
"Sidewalks will destroy the natural beauty of the town," she continued. "What is needed is for all of us to slow down on our roads."
In September, the town applied for a state grant to help pay for the School Road sidewalks.
- 1 Weston Home Owned By Creators Of The Lobster Roll Hits The Market
- 2 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Employee Shot To Death In Robbery At Bridgeport Market
- 4 Driver To Serve 8 Years In Prison In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Newtown Razes Home Of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza