WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Weston Family Y is hosting lifeguarding classes starting in February.
Teens can become certified lifeguards by taking the Red Cross lifeguarding course at the Y from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 15, 16, 22 and 23. The classes take place at the Westport Weston Family Y at 59 Post Road East in Westport.
The classes are for strong swimmers ages 15 and up. The course includes certification in CPR for the professional rescuer, AED and standard first aid.
“Getting a job as a lifeguard can be a lot of fun, but you also have to take it seriously because someone's life may depend on you,” says Nicole Turechek, Family Y Aquatic Director. “This four-session course gives you the tools you need not only to make a difference in your life but in the lives of others.”
The Red Cross Lifeguarding course costs $325 for Y members and $350 for non-members. To sign up, residents can visit the Westport Weston Family Y website or contact Turechek at 203-226-8981 ext. 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich