WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Weston Family Y is hosting lifeguarding classes starting in February.
Teens can become certified lifeguards by taking the Red Cross lifeguarding course at the Y from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 15, 16, 22 and 23. The classes take place at the Westport Weston Family Y at 59 Post Road East in Westport.
The classes are for strong swimmers ages 15 and up. The course includes certification in CPR for the professional rescuer, AED and standard first aid.
“Getting a job as a lifeguard can be a lot of fun, but you also have to take it seriously because someone's life may depend on you,” says Nicole Turechek, Family Y Aquatic Director. “This four-session course gives you the tools you need not only to make a difference in your life but in the lives of others.”
The Red Cross Lifeguarding course costs $325 for Y members and $350 for non-members. To sign up, residents can visit the Westport Weston Family Y website or contact Turechek at 203-226-8981 ext. 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield