Photos of Y members and supporters will be placed into a mosaic of the Westport Weston YMCA, a watercolor of the Family Y’s historic Bedford Building by artist Kassie Foss, a former Westport resident. You can upload photos to www.pictureyournewy.org and also search for photos contributed by your friends.
“Think of our picture mosaic as a digital version of the traditional ‘buy a brick’ fundraiser,” said Paul Bernetsky, chief development officer for the Family Y. "A favorite family snapshot or photo that honors a loved one takes the place of an inscribed brick.”
The picture mosaic will be 6-feet by 4-feet and hang in the new building's lobby. Photos can be uploaded for $100 each. The donation is tax deductible.
The Westport Weston Y plans to build a 102,000-square-foot facility at its 32-acre Mahackeno Outdoor Center. Instead of being built all at once, the new facility will be constructed in phases, starting with a 54,000-square-foot building that will have a 10-lane lap pool, a warm-water family/teaching pool, a fitness center, a gymnasium and a Kids Adventure Gymnasium. It is expected to open in November 2014.
The Y has raised more than 90 percent of the money to build the new campus but still needs $4 million. For more information on the campaign, contact CEO Rob Reeves at email@example.com or 203-226-8981, Ext. 131.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says