Update, 5:50 a.m., Thursday: FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Less than 100 customers were out of power Thursday morning in Fairfield.
United Illuminating reported 97 outages Thursday morning. Wednesday's nor'easter did not cause widespread outages in Fairfield or elsewhere in Fairfield County.
Original story. 12 a.m., Wednesday FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A total of 144 customers in Fairfield and 42 customers in Easton were without power late Wednesday, according to the outage map from United Illuminating Co.
The outages, reported at 11:50 p.m., came as a nor'easter dumped snow across Connecticut. The storm came a week after Hurricane Sandy hit the region.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast