Update, 5:50 a.m., Thursday: FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Less than 100 customers were out of power Thursday morning in Fairfield.
United Illuminating reported 97 outages Thursday morning. Wednesday's nor'easter did not cause widespread outages in Fairfield or elsewhere in Fairfield County.
Original story. 12 a.m., Wednesday FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A total of 144 customers in Fairfield and 42 customers in Easton were without power late Wednesday, according to the outage map from United Illuminating Co.
The outages, reported at 11:50 p.m., came as a nor'easter dumped snow across Connecticut. The storm came a week after Hurricane Sandy hit the region.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Easton Triathlete Takes 6th In Age Group At World Ironman Race
- 5 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield