Update, 5:50 a.m., Thursday: FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Less than 100 customers were out of power Thursday morning in Fairfield.
United Illuminating reported 97 outages Thursday morning. Wednesday's nor'easter did not cause widespread outages in Fairfield or elsewhere in Fairfield County.
Original story. 12 a.m., Wednesday FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A total of 144 customers in Fairfield and 42 customers in Easton were without power late Wednesday, according to the outage map from United Illuminating Co.
The outages, reported at 11:50 p.m., came as a nor'easter dumped snow across Connecticut. The storm came a week after Hurricane Sandy hit the region.
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 5 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty