Update, 5:50 a.m., Thursday: FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Less than 100 customers were out of power Thursday morning in Fairfield.
United Illuminating reported 97 outages Thursday morning. Wednesday's nor'easter did not cause widespread outages in Fairfield or elsewhere in Fairfield County.
Original story. 12 a.m., Wednesday FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A total of 144 customers in Fairfield and 42 customers in Easton were without power late Wednesday, according to the outage map from United Illuminating Co.
The outages, reported at 11:50 p.m., came as a nor'easter dumped snow across Connecticut. The storm came a week after Hurricane Sandy hit the region.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich